Caring Fore Kids
The Burggraf's Ace Hardware Caring Fore Kids Charity Classic is a fundraising event held annually at Pokegama Golf Course in Grand Itasca. Since its inception in 2014, Caring Fore Kids has funded over $350,000 in projects, programs and equipment that directly expands, develops and enhances pediatric care for pediatric patients at Grand Itasca.
Your generous gifts have funded:
- Pigg-O-Stat pediatric imaging equipment
- Kidzspace Touch2Play interactive gaming system to reduce family stress in ER waiting room
- Xbox to keep pediatric hospital patients and visitors occupied during downtime or treatments
- New pediatric therapy equipment to challenge and engage kids during their appointments
- Pediatric equipment, tools and supplies for Rapid Clinic
- Coloring books for all pediatric patients and family members
- Teddy bears and Culver's gift cards for extra brave patients
Save the date for next year's event! June 16, 2022
Meet Our All-Stars
This is Bruce, he is one of our Caring Fore Kids All-Stars. Our All-Stars are an inspiring group of young patients who have received ongoing care at Grand Itasca, primarily in our pediatric rehab area. Most of them have complex medical histories that require complicated care coordination involving many specialists.
Our annual Caring Fore Kids event raises funds that directly impact the All-Stars by allowing us to purchase medical equipment and supplies that they rely on.
All-Star Story: Macey Jo Niewind
Macey Jo was born with spina bifida and a hole in her heart. She has endured countless surgeries and procedures, all with a smile on her face. Hear how your generous contributions to Caring Fore Kids has impacted her care in our local community and gotten Macey Jo back to doing all the things she loves.
All-Star Story: Gavin Waage
Gavin is a heart warrior, hockey player and an original Caring Fore Kids All-Star! Hear from Gavin and his family about the struggles and triumphs he's been through and how your Caring Fore Kids contributions have helped along the way.
Caring Fore Kids Impact
Hear from Grand Itasca therapists about how your donations to the Caring Fore Kids fund directly impacts their work and enhances the level of care received by their littlest patients.