Grand Itasca Home Care provides patient care in the comfort of one's own home or assisted living environment. We serve patients of all ages, from infants to elderly. Together with the patient, family and medical care provider, we create a care plan that meets the patient's needs while allowing them to remain safely in their home.
We take into account your physical, spiritual and emotional needs and work with your entire health care team to ensure quality and continuity of care.
An experienced Registered Nurse Case Manager visits each patient's home and can provide assessment, teaching, medication management and other skilled nursing procedures while evaluating the patient’s progress, coordinating services and helping the patient meet their health care goals. The Registered Nurse Case Manager is a resource that coordinates care with the patient's provider, family and other health care professionals.
Based on a patient’s goals and needs, Grand Itasca Home Care services may include home health aides, physical and occupational therapies, skilled nursing, social work and speech therapy.
Services we provide
- Adaptive and medical equipment assessments and training
- Amputation aftercare
- Caregiver and family training
- Cognitive assessment
- Cognitive retraining
- Hand therapy
- Home safety evaluations
- Joint pain & arthritis
- Shoulder, hip, knee, ankle/foot
- Pre/Post surgical
- Neuromuscular rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Pediatric home care
- Post-operative therapy
- Wheelchair assessments
- Cardiac assessment, oxygen monitoring, new oxygen teaching
- Catheter care
- Collaboration with Public Health & care coordinators
- IV infusion therapy
- Lab work
- Medication set-up
- Medication management & teaching
- Ostomy care & teaching
- Pain management
- Patient/caregiver education, e.g., diabetes or heart failure
- Post-surgical care
- PleurX catheters
- Post-partum follow-up
- PT/INR management
- Synagis injections
- Wound care
- Wound vacs
- Articulation/Phonological therapy
- Cognitive-Linguistic therapy
- Strategies to improve motor-speech functions
- Strategies to improve stuttering
- Feeding and swallowing therapy
- Languages therapy
- Voice therapy
- Caregiver support strategies
- Bathing assistance
Accessing Our Services
Grand Itasca Home Care services are available to persons living within 30 miles of the Grand Itasca Professional Building (111 SE 3rd Street, Grand Rapids, MN).
- Patients are able to self-refer, but services cannot be provided without a physician’s order. If you are interested in Grand Itasca Home Care services for you or a loved one, speak with your primary care provider or contact Grand Itasca Home Care (see below for info/hours).
- Grand Itasca Home Care is Medicare Certified, Joint Commission Certified, and holds a Minnesota Comprehensive Licensure.
- Payment for many of our services is covered through Medicare, Medicaid/IM Care, HMO (Humana, Medica), Private Insurance (Blue Cross, UCare), Veteran’s Administration, State Waivers/Grants and Private Pay. If you have concerns about coverage for your care, please contact us for assistance. We can help confirm benefits and eligibility.