Therapy and Rehabilitation
All services require a referral from your health care provider. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 218-999-1570.
- Exos Rapid Splint System
- Cognitive retraining
- Custom fabricated hand and wrist splints
- Driving screens
- Neuromuscular rehabilitation
- Orthopedic and post surgical injuries
- Pediatric therapy
- Saebo Splinting
- Visual perceptual retraining
- Hospital discharge planning
- Joint Camp class
- Post-operative rehabilitationPre-operative education and fitting of orthosis
- Safe patient handling
Our occupational therapists help people of all ages return to the activities of daily life after injury, developmental disorders, illness or surgery. These everyday activities may include dressing, bathing, home management skills and leisure activities.
Grand Itasca occupational therapists:
- Assess your home environment and recommend modifications or adaptive equipment to maximize safety.
- Help you regain use if you have arm and hand problems. This can include creating a custom splint, helping to manage a scar or wound and increasing strength and coordination.
- Assess cognitive abilities (thinking/reasoning/judgment) and safety. They teach ways to change how you do things to make up for lost abilities.
- Create home exercise programs to increase your strength and endurance with daily routines.
- Teach you how to modify tasks and equipment for increased independence.
- Teach coping skills if you have low vision.
- Provide specialized programs such as industrial rehabilitation/work conditioning and edema/lymphedema treatment to improve developmental skills.
For more information about our pediatric occupational therapy visit:
Grand Itasca physical therapists are health care professionals who treat people for muscle, bone, and joint conditions that limit their ability to move and perform activities. Physical therapy is used to help people return to work and play after an injury, surgery, or illness.
Our physical therapists will evaluate your injury and create a treatment program to get you back to the activities you love. Your program may include:
- Supervised and self-guided exercises to reduce pain and improve your strength, fitness, coordination, and flexibility
- Balance and body awareness training to help you understand your body and how you move
- Exercises that simulate day-to-day activities to help you to learn safe movement patterns
- Education to teach you self-care techniques and skills to improve your understanding of body mechanics
- Strategies to increase your daily physical activity, which research shows helps reduce your risk of re-injury
- Aquatic Therapy
- Gait Training / Analysis
- Game Ready Cold Compression treatment
- Graston® Techniques
- Industrial Medicine
- Kinesio Taping
- LSVT BIG® Therapy
- Manual Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Muscle Energy
- Strain Counterstrain/Positional Release
- Med X Rehabilitation
- Pelvic Floor Biofeedback
- Postural Restoration/PRI Techniques
- Scoliosis management
- Sports Medicine
- Impact® Concussion assessment
- Concussion management
- Spinal Decompression - Triton DTS System
- Unweighted Gait Trainer
- Wheelchair and Equipment Evaluations
For more information about our pediatric physical therapy visit:
Speech and Language Pathology
Sometimes called speech therapists, speech-language pathologists work with children and adults to improve their ability to communicate with others. They also treat people with swallowing problems.
At Grand Itasca, our speech-language pathologists can:
- Treat speech, language and voice problems caused by stroke, brain injury or deterioration, developmental delays, learning disabilities, cerebral palsy, cleft palate and hearing loss
- Improve low volume and reduced or unclear speech
- Teach ways to improve memory, problem solving and judgment
- Treat swallowing problems and recommend a safe and appropriate diet
- Provide aural (hearing) rehabilitation to help people with cochlear implants or hearing aids learn to interpret sound
- Recommend other communication methods, including electronic devices and sign language
- Help children with language developmental delay, feeding disorders and hearing problems
For more information about our pediatric speech therapy visit:
The Cardiac Rehab Department sees both inpatients and outpatients for cardiac health conditions. Our highly skilled and compassionate staff are here to help identify risk factors and promote lifestyle changes to reduce those risks, which may include a monitored exercise program.
The Grand Itasca Sports Medicine team provides comprehensive care on and off the field. You'll see the Grand Itasca Sports Medicine team at sporting events, in the high school training room and, if needed, at Grand Itasca.
Conditions we treat
- Adaptive Equipment Assessments Custom Fittings And Prescriptions
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis ALS
- Autism and Anxiety Spectrum
- Back Pain
- Cognitive Thinking And Learning Issues
- Concussion Evaluation And Management
- Developmental Delay Pediatrics
- Emotional And Academic Difficulties
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Joint Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neck Pain
- Neurological Disorders
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy Pediatrics
- Parkinsons Disease
- Pediatric Aural Rehabilitation Program
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Repetitive Use Injury
- Sensory Integration Issues
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Throat and Voice Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Vestibular Balance Disorders
- Visual Perceptual Dysfunction
- Vocal Cord Dysfunction
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo